Establish specific guidelines that must be observed in procurement of goods, services and consultancies required by CABEI, to ensure the application of the precepts established in the current Procurement Policy that allows the Bank to obtain high-quality goods, services and consultancies at reasonable prices, through competitive bidding.
Corporate Procurement is applicable for the contracting of goods, services and consultancies requested by CABEI for its proper functioning.
- Only the Corporate Procurement and Administrative Services Department (SAAI in Spanish) and the Country Management Offices are the only departments authorized to procure goods and services required by the Bank for its operations, in accordance with these regulations; to this end, they may negotiate with suppliers or contractors.
- A contract may not be divided into two or more smaller contracts with the purpose of avoiding using the proper procurement procedures according to amounts established in the procurement manual for the procurement process of goods, services and consultancies.
- CABEI is entitled to make purchases, using the unit prices quoted by any of the established methods, as long as the supplier does not increase the price originally offered, for a period of up to one (1) year.
- The bids received for a given procurement process of goods, services or consultanices must have a validity of at least equal to that indicated in the Request for Proposals or the terms of reference prepared by CABEI.
- CABEI will not acquire goods or services from persons or companies when it is aware of elements that make it doubt the legality of the operations or their resources or when the persons or companies are included in or linked to international lists of criminals and terrorists. CABEI will refrain from carrying out operations when the supplier does not provide the information required, in order to comply with its internal regulations on the prevention of money laundering and other similar illicit activities.
- CABEI may only commit to suppliers or contractors of goods, services and consultancies through purchase orders or contracts.
The Corporate Procurement and Administrative Services Department (SAAI in Spanish) maintains a database of duly classified suppliers and contractors. This database must be kept permanently updated and will be improved in accordance with market demands, technological advances and the needs for new products and services required by the Bank.
All suppliers contracted by CABEI must comply with regulations for the prevention of money laundering and other illicit activities of similar nature, described in the Bank's current policy on this matter.
In the event of duly documented breaches, in which it is shown that a supplier did not comply with its obligations on time or in the correct manner and this caused some type of damage to CABEI, whether it be patrimonial or reputational, said supplier may be declared ineligible in accordance with the Manual for the Implementation of the Prohibited Counterparts System. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Bank may exercise other actions against the supplier to protect its interests.
Advanced Payment Guarantee: In the event that the Contractor requires the provision of securities in advance, prior to the disbursement they must present a bank guarantee that covers one hundred percent (100%) of the value of the advance, with a validity subject to the contract´s term.
Compliance or Performance Guarantee: To guarantee that the terms and conditions established in the contract are fulfilled in accordance with and to the satisfaction of CABEI, the Contractor/Supplier must provide a bank guarantee or bond of compliance with a value equivalent to 10% of the total amount of the contract within five (5) business days after the contract has been signed, its validity shall be of at least two (2) months longer than the term established in the contract.
Quality Guarantee of Work, Materials and Hidden Defects: To guarantee that materials, accessories and techniques are used with the required quality, in accordance with the offer presented and with the requirements contained in the Terms of Reference, the Supplier/ Contractor must provide, within a period of five (5) business days from the final reception of the project, a Quality Guarantee of Work, Materials and Hidden Defects for a value equivalent to 10% of the total amount of the contract, with a validity no less than twelve (12) months from the final reception of the works according to the acceptance note.
Such guarantees may be constituted by means of a bank guarantee issued by banking institutions accepted by CABEI. Likewise, and with the exception of advanced payment guarantees, bonds issued by an insurance company eligible for CABEI in accordance with its internal policies may be provided. Such guarantees will be required and should be clearly specified and included in corresponding contracts or purchase orders.
To guarantee transparency in its procurement processes, the following persons may not participate, directly or indirectly, in the supply of goods and/or, services for CABEI.
Active officials or employees, ex-officials or ex-employees and retirees of CABEI for a period of two (2) years from their separation, in addition to spouses or housemates, nor relatives by blood or affinity up to the second degree, inclusive, of officials or active CABEI employees.
Juridical persons involving anyone indicated in the previous paragraph, considered individually or jointly, be holders of more than twenty-five percent (25%) of the share capital or hold a position of management or representation, for major purchases amounting ten thousand dollars (US$10,000), currency of the United States of America, or its equivalent in any other currency.